Home / Spa / DF Facial
Thread Lift (APTOS)
Home / / Thread Lift (APTOS)
Thread Lift (APTOS)
Give your skin a natural, but noticeable, lift and turn back the hands of time. Typically done under local anaesthetic, APTOS Thread Lifting is a minimally invasive procedure that provides a skin lifting and tightening effect. It improves the contour of the face and body and has become an increasingly popular alternative to surgical face lifts. Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, APTOS was founded in Georgia and has always been on the cutting edge of aesthetics. The first thread for aesthetic surgery was invented by Dr Marlen Sulamandize, and today thread lifting is widely used and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative anti-aging treatments.
Results are evident immediately after the procedure and can last from 1.5 to 5 years, depending on the thread composition.
- Loss of tissue volume
- Mild to moderate signs of sagging
- Development of fine lines and wrinkles
- Slight bags under the eyes or on the neck
- Facial asymmetry
• The procedure takes about 30 - 60 minutes
• Results are immediately visible with minimal downtime depending on the amount and type of threads used
• Dual action - lifting and rejuvenation
• Safe to use with other aesthetic procedures (such as fillers)
• Long term effects (1 to 5 years, depending on the thread composition)
• The individual patient assessment ensures the selection of the best thread and method to produce the desired effect
APTOS threads are available both in a permanent (polypropylene) and resorbable (polylactic acid/caprolactone) version. Both materials are safe and have been widely used in surgery for more than 50 years. Results after this treatment last for 1.5 to 5 years, depending on the thread composition.
Procedures with APTOS threads must be performed by a doctor who has undergone specific training and accreditation. Performed under strict and sterile conditions, needles with the surgical thread are inserted under your skin in the direction as advised following your consultation. Threads are selected for each individual case, giving you the most effective and natural lift. The APTOS method takes 60 minutes.
The treatment will be adapted to your preferences and can be combined with other aesthetic procedures.
• Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularities appear. These inconveniences will subside within a few days after the procedure.
• Our Doctor will prescribe antibiotics if there is a high risk of infection
• You may be advised to apply ice packs immediately after the procedure
• Take analgesics (e.g. paracetamol) in case of pain for 2 to 3 days
• Refrain from applying makeup for a minimum 24 hours
• Sleep face up, in an elevated position, for about 3 to 5 nights
• Wash your face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5 to 7 days
• Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds for 2 weeks
• Avoid sports and exercise for 2 weeks
• Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks
Starting from R 6500.00